Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Still Here!

Two miracles happened for me:
1. I lost my goal weight of 10 pounds and exceeded that goal by 10. Total Weight loss 20 pounds.
2. I have maintained the same weight for 4 months now!

I literally tried everything. HCG, going to the gym excessively, personal trainers, trying to watch what I eat on my own... etc. Nothing worked and I started feeling worse and worse about myself. Right when I was ready to give up and embrace my sad life of obesity (haha), I joined Weight Watchers which really saved my life. It teaches you how to eat, what you should be eating, and they do all of their system off of points. I loved it. I didnt feel so resticted. I could eat really what I wanted, I just had to calculate all the points. I knew that if I kept my points every week I would step on that scale and lose at least 2 pounds. And it felt great!

You can go here or here to get an idea of what you should be eating but let me give you the best advice I can give you... JOIN! Pay the 40 dollars a month and once you become a lifetime member like me, its free. So really I only had to pay for 2 1/2 months. You will be more likely to lose if you are accountable to weighing in to that little old lady every week. You do not want to see that disappointment on her face when you have gained a half a pound or something, and it helps you to make smart food choices during the week. The website tools also give you excellent recipes. I promise you it is the best thing I have EVER done for myself. I am not afraid to shop anymore and I feel great about myself. Weight watchers also has weekly allowance points of 35 so in an emergency you can use them. They still guarantee with their system that you will lose .5 to 2.5 pounds or more every week.

Also 2 more discoveries I have made: Turkey Burgers and Turkey Tacos.

Buy the thin whole wheat buns, frozen turkey burgers at Smiths, one slice of fat free cheese, and a dab of ketchup grill it on your George Forman grill and it is 6 points.
Then you can have 4 tablespoons ground turkey, 1/4 cup fat free cheese, a whole wheat taco, and olives, and lettuce for 6 points!

I can still eat the food I love, I just have to tweek it a little. I cant even express to people how amazing weight watchers is. It litarally changed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment